Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the addition of this rear rack for my Voyager. I've gone through the older posts regarding cracking (and prevention thereof) and minimal loading and have seen the usual Kuryakyn and Cobra options. Is one preferred over the other or is there a 3rd (or 4th) more preferred option. Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would prefer the cobra. Had one on my Voyager. Three years, no probs.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
111 Posts
I used the the Yamaha STR-4XY62-50-00 "VENTURE". The base has a metal strap that helps distribute the weight across the lid and the angle of the feet seams to be perfect for the lid. If you need pictures let me know and I'll get them up tomorrow.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I went with the Cobra. It's one of a few racks that was designed specifically for the Voyager and it's one of very few (if not the only) that the top of the rack sits level, which should distribute weight more evenly to the top case.
Also installed the Cobra saddlebag lid protectors. They match the luggage rack, are low profile and eliminate boot scuffs on the saddlebag lids.
This is season 3 and they show no rust, corrosion or any other problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
i went with a Harley rack, easy to get from a dealer. went on fine. only carry light stuff like raingear, sleeping bag or tarps for camping.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You guys are awesome. Was there ever a Kawi Rack?
Nope... Kaw got all leery about putting any weight on the lid, so to avoid any potential claims, they never offered a rack.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, I have been reading your opinions, and thanks for all of the information.
So I have decided to go with the Kury rack for mine, but when I use the fitment questionnaire, it only fits up to 2015.
I assume they haven't changed the Trunk on the Voyager in the past three years. Or Have they?
Because looking at pics of each of those years, I can't see a difference. Any of you know for sure?
Thanks in advance.

ToolMan5454

·
Registered
662 Posts
They've changed hardly anything, ever... You're good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation Peg, that helps me decide to finally pop for the purchase, and then wait for riding weather.

ToolMan5454

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use the STR-4XY62-50-00 "VENTURE" on my 2103 Voyager and love it. I liked the idea of the chrome bars that spread the load over a wider area. The trunk is thin and needs all the help it can get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts