Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone out there has the expertise to solve this issue. My front left side blinker went out. I also noticed my running lights were not on in the back. Brake lights and blinkers worked. Of course I had a fast blink on one of the rear blinkers. I replaced all bulbs. I also checked for worn wiring. All wires were fine and snapped in.

The front blinker still doesn't work with new bulb. When I took it apart to put in a new bulb water came out. It was corroded. The back running lights still do not work.

At the very least I need to replace the front right blinker assembly as i did my best to clean it out but the socket is corroded.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the rear running lights don't work?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
56 Posts
If your bike is stock in relationship to the lighting functions then you will not have running lights in the back. The stock 900 only has running lights on the front of the bike.
I mention "stock" because there are devices that you can purchase to make the rear lights on as running lights as well as turn signals. If you do so you will need to change the rear lenses to red lenses to be legal.

·
Registered
273 Posts
running lights

+1 on that post. My 09' only had RL on front, I purchased the unit that flashes your brake lights twice when used, and it came with the clear lenses and red bulbs. I love that setup especially from a safety standpoint.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The rear lights arent running lights, turn signal only. For the corrosion unplug the light and pour some coke/pepsi(or baking soda mixed with water) in it, dont fill it up just enough to cover the corrosion it will clean it up nice.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Thanks guys!

I check today on what's what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts