Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so I'm a fairly new rider and dropped my bike last night, with the right indicator smashing to pieces. Bought an aftermarket LED indicator, hoping for a quick install to get back on the road for tomorrow morning. Do the seats and/or rear fender need to be removed for the install, or is it a lot quicker than that? Think a relay is already installed, as the previous owner added smaller LED headlights. Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
You'll need to remove the rear fender in order to get to the wiring for the signals. I honestly don't remember how the signals mount up in stock form as that extra rear fender (black plastic and the metal anchor underneath) was thrown out within a week of my initial purchase some 4+ years ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. Hmm there are a couple of wires already poking out from the original turn signal. Can they be used? I thought the rear fender may need removing in order to get the bolts in or something.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did something similar and replaced like with like, I just plugged them in using the cables you can see and screwed the new back on. Not sure what the led ones look like? Can they be fixed using the screw?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8704X using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Yep, those are the wires you'll need. I would still suggest taking the fender off and splicing in closer to the plug that's just behind the seat (if your new signals have long enough wires for that) to keep the splice location as much out of any potential water (whether it be rain or just washing the bike) as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts