Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, August 2016
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2009 Vulcan and I already started to add things to it. My wife hated the small foot pegs so I looked for oem and after market floorboards but was shocked at the price. I made my own for around 50 bucks. I went to metal supermarkets 18 dollars and bought 2 pieces of 1/4" aluminium plate 4 x 10" . I also bought a 1" square bar stock and cut 2 pieces 5 -1/4" long. I cut the corners with my chop saw ( a carbide blade will cut aluminium ) and then rounded off the corners with a file. I took the square stock and rounded the ends to fit into the stock brackets. I then placed the flat plate onto the bar stock and rotated it until it was horizontal. Mark the holes for the pin from the original peg and drill the hole. Take the pieces to a qualified aluminium welder he charged me 20 buck and make sure you mark on what side of the square stock to weld the plate on so that it lines up with the holes you drilled to keep the footboard level. I glued a piece of rubber on the top plate and blacked out the bottom. I don't know how to post pics but send me your email and I will send pics.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just bought a 2009 Vulcan and I already started to add things to it. My wife hated the small foot pegs so I looked for oem and after market floorboards but was shocked at the price. I made my own for around 50 bucks. I went to metal supermarkets 18 dollars and bought 2 pieces of 1/4" aluminium plate 4 x 10" . I also bought a 1" square bar stock and cut 2 pieces 5 -1/4" long. I cut the corners with my chop saw ( a carbide blade will cut aluminium ) and then rounded off the corners with a file. I took the square stock and rounded the ends to fit into the stock brackets. I then placed the flat plate onto the bar stock and rotated it until it was horizontal. Mark the holes for the pin from the original peg and drill the hole. Take the pieces to a qualified aluminium welder he charged me 20 buck and make sure you mark on what side of the square stock to weld the plate on so that it lines up with the holes you drilled to keep the footboard level. I glued a piece of rubber on the top plate and blacked out the bottom. I don't know how to post pics but send me your email and I will send pics.
Would love to see pics see email address below

·
Registered
213 Posts
Will like to see pics.
See email.
[email protected]

·
Registered
74 Posts

Please send pix to [email protected]
Thanks !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
rather than do all the fab work I just bought a pair of the universal floorboards for 50 bucks and indexed them to level and drilled a hole thru the pegs and left the rubber on for more vibration deadening. My wife luvs them and we did a 3700 mile ride in may with no foot fatigue. Bison Mike 2009 Vulcan Classic dual pipes ( home mod ) bar bag and not much else other than floor boards and throttle rocker

·
Registered
252 Posts
rather than do all the fab work I just bought a pair of the universal floorboards for 50 bucks and indexed them to level and drilled a hole thru the pegs and left the rubber on for more vibration deadening. My wife luvs them and we did a 3700 mile ride in may with no foot fatigue. Bison Mike 2009 Vulcan Classic dual pipes ( home mod ) bar bag and not much else other than floor boards and throttle rocker
Interested in your idea, could/would you post a pic or two. I was thinking of doing something like that for the passenger and driver pegs on my Custom.

·
Registered
57 Posts
got any pics and where did you get a set of universal floor boards for 50 dollars?

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
actually I got them from JandP for 39.95 plus shipping. They state they are for Harleys but like any good do it yourselfer just look figure out difficulties and move on . The Harleys use a 1 inch round mont for their boards so this makes the boards work as i previously stated as the Kawi pegs with rubber is 1 inch Bison Mike. Also will post pics as soon as I can

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey KeymanKirk, do your floorboards flip up and down, or do they just stay down? And if you did get them to flip up, how did you do it?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Hi Rod ,

I justed checked on line and it says that the item is sold individually,did you have to order 2 @ $58.

John
I talked to a sales agent. Individual means an individual set, or a right and a left floorboard. I agree, it could be worded better on their site.

Still in final negotiations with my wife, will post upon ordering.
:)

Rod

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Hey Spring, what type of bike you ride? I ride a Meanstreak. I wonder if they will bolt onto it?
I have a 900 Classic. I am going off comments and PM from RugerMan, who said they fit his 900 with only slight modifications. (Longer bolts)

Rod

·
Premium Member
336 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks

Rod,

Just want to thank you as well as all the guys and gals on this forum for your help. I am more of a lurker but will try to help when I can.

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah me too! I've learned a lot and still learning a lot. And I know I'm not the only person here that says HELL NO to paying outrageous prices for parts when I can do it myself

1 - 20 of 21 Posts