Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a V 900 LT and whenever I go over bumps the rear fender rattles. I looked and felt under fender and could not see or feel any broken supports.

If you have had similar problem, please advise "fix" and level of mechanical ability needed to do the job.

Thanks. Jim Hake "Hakester"

·
Registered
343 Posts
When I got my bike with 11,000 miles I had to have welded the bracket that goes to the back lights.It might be hard to feel it was broke right where the small tube attaches on both sides.after it was welded better than the original I bought some extra grommets for the back two mounts to the fender.I believe kaw left these out because of a engineering error as they don't line up just right.It made the fender pucker out some, then I put some old inner tube around the tubes near the back.The fender still vibrates ,even cracked my new plastic license plate frame,but @ least I don't hear it like before when hitting bumps.

You should be able to take it all apart then if it is broke just take it to a muffler shop to be welded, Muffler Man did mine for free but I've known them for a long time

·
Registered
941 Posts
Thats what that noise is. I have been noticing that rattlin noise more and more. I have like 15k miles and got it will 11k and it has gotten worse over time. I thought maybe the rear shock was going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts