Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not happy about the performance of my rear fender. In foul weather, mud flicks up under my bike and covers my toolkit in mud as well as the rear cross brace under the seat. There is a gap between the inner fender and the color coded fender that supports the seat. Does everyone experience the same? Also the inner fender has a hole at the top where it looks like it should have a plug or some other.
(I've looked at the parts schematic and appear to have all the bits: 2008 Kawasaki VULCAN 900 CLASSIC (VN900B8F) Fenders (JKAVN2B1 7A016370∼) | Babbitts Kawasaki Partshouse)

·
Super Moderator
2,349 Posts
I noticed this gap when changing tires the other day. Thought to myself, “Why did Kawasaki do that?” I have to travel a dirt driveway a mile long every time I ride so the dust gets up under everything. Haven’t done it yet, but thought about getting another inner fender. Would mount it to the fender reinforcement and then to the top of the existing inner fender. Just have to double check tire clearance. Maybe a winter project.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just goes to show boulevard cruisers are intended for just that. And the sourcing of milkshakes.

Reactions: Tourer
1 - 3 of 3 Posts