Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 v2k that has a loose caliper. Even with the axle torqued to spec it has movement fore and aft? Is there supposed to be a piece of rubber where it sits in the notch on the swingarm, or am i missing something?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Service manual for my 08 doesn't show or discuss any rubber, just put the caliber bracket over the stop on the frame.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have an 06 v2k that has a loose caliper. Even with the axle torqued to spec it has movement fore and aft? Is there supposed to be a piece of rubber where it sits in the notch on the swingarm, or am i missing something?
Nothing to worry about. A lot of Kawi's have this set-up.
When I bought mine it was one of the first things I noticed. Spoke to other Kawi riders and they all seemed to have a little play.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
+1. My 08 is the same way. The caliper bracket fits over a stop on swing arm to hold it in place. there is nothing to worry about. Even when it wiggles it is still turning on same axis as the wheel and rotor.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My custom 900 have the same probleme!

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
148 Posts
I shim the slot on many.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hi,pretty sure the bracket is solid alloy with out an internal collar,if so the only way it can move easily would be if the axle is not secure or binding on the thread in some way.the bracket should be clamped hard against the swing arm.the slot has some clearance but you should not be able to move the bracket without a lot!!! of force.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts