Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have two questions about my '98 800 Classic that I'm hoping somebody can assist me with. First is regarding my brake pedal. The previous owner fitted an aftermarket chromed cover on the brake pedal, in place of the stock rubber cover. I was not happy with it and I have ordered an OEM rubber cover which I should receive in a few days. Today, I removed the aftermarket cover and it looks like the pedal may have been made smaller, at least on the outside edge, which isn't straight (maybe to make it fit the aftermarket one). There are also two holes that have been drilled into it. I'm not sure what size it should be, but mine measures 5cm x 3.5cm. If this is now too small for the OEM rubber cover, I will have to fabricate and attach a larger plate to it. Does anyone know what size it should be? I have attached a photo of it.

My second question is about how to route the front indicator wiring. I have just got hold of a pair of front indicators as mine were missing. The original wiring is still there and it had been tucked away under the tank. I'm not sure how to run the wiring to the indicators, to make it look neat. I'm assuming that it may go under the lower triple tree or above the triple tree but does it go under the stainless headlight bracket? I don't wan't the wiring hanging out, but it will have to be free enough to turn full lock without pulling on the wires. Does anybody have some photos of how it should be? I can't find any pics on line that show it.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wiring for the flashers are usually tucked into the housing of the headlight.
My blinker wiring doesn't go anywhere near the headlight housing. Obviously, at some point in it's life the wiring loom had been modified. The blinker wires come out of the loom under the tank (directly under the speedometer housing). The left and right blinker wiring had been extended and run down each side of the frame, concealed between the down tubes and the radiator, where blinkers had been positioned with brackets to the down tubes. I've never seen another vn800 so wasn't aware of how the wiring would have been originally. I only knew where the blinkers should have been.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts