Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have VulcanLife's forward control extensions installed. They're great.

The only concern I have with any extensions is the rear brake line. Is there a brake line extension or longer brake line available? Where can it be found?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I made up my own forward control extensions for my classic; I know what you mean about the brake line. My controls are about 2 inches forward of standard and by removing one of the clips that puts a slight loop in the brake line it just about gives you enough length for the forward controls, You can definitely get new brake lines made up, some people go for the braded type that look really cool as they are Silver (metal) rather than black plastic/ rubber. Another option I have seen is that you can relocate your brake calliper from its current position to a lower position which would give you some brake line length, I have seen these relocating kits on line in the US. Hope all of this is of some help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I have VulcanLife's forward control extensions installed. They're great.

The only concern I have with any extensions is the rear brake line. Is there a brake line extension or longer brake line available? Where can it be found?

Thanks
It would seem that others who have installed the VulcanLife forward controls have done so without replacing the brake line. Don't the instructions tell you to move the rear brake lines forward? Would simply doing that eliminate your concern?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The directions were clear, and everything works very well. This is more for aesthetics and peace of mind. It just seems to be a bit too taught for my taste.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool. I had seen the product, but never noticed it could be ordered in different lengths. That's just what I was looking for. Thanks much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts