Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, I've got a bit of an odd issue with my rear brake. All works well but the pedal gets hard as heck after a while riding. The brake is not dragging either when it gets hard? Once stopped after a minute or two all good, it comes right. It is almost as if it is ceased in the pedal pivot but it is not????.

I've greased the pivot point and changed the brake fluid. I've stripped off the caliper and everything all good. I'm a bit stumped as to what is causing this???? Any clues gents?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi
Just a thought, but is your linkage a bit tight to begin with, not enough play?
This will cause drag once it heats up and,,,, hard pedal.
Terry

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Terry
Ah good point, might have a wee look see to check out how much play there is, Cheers for that Terry.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Hi
Terry
Nopies, not possible. Dragging brakes do not cause hard pedal unless there is a hydraulic problem.

See post about rear master cylinder.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Brake pedal hard to push

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was not sure where to post this so here it goes
the brake pedal on my vn2000 was getting really hard to push and the stopping power for the rear brake was really poor, after looking at the operation of the pedal, I relized it was binding due to lack of lubrication.

I took the pedal off, cleaned it and drilled, taped, it and installed a greese zerk so it can be lubed now it works better than new
Attached Thumbnails

1 - 6 of 6 Posts