Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home last night and noticed that the rear blinkers were not on like the front ones were. What I mean is the turn signal worked left and right. They were not on like the tail light was. Do they only light up when you turn on the turn signal? Or should they be on all the time like the front ones ?

Tim

·
Registered
31 Posts
I stock condition they do not turn on except as turn signal. You can add a aftermarket run-turn-brake controler.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Be careful and check your local laws before you do the run/turn swap. Here in Texas it is illegal to have a amber colored running light on the back of the vehicle and it may be the same in other states. You can still do the conversion but you will have to swap over to red colored lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just put the Kuryakyn Triple Whammy on my '09 Classic. It came with clear replacement lenses and red bulbs. Now the rear turn signals are on all the time (run), still function as turn signals (turn), and get brighter when the brakes are applied (brake). The default is for them and the main brake light to flash three times when you apply either brake, but that can be deactivated if you choose.

In my mind, it was one of the better mods I've done to my bike, especially for less than $100.

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
With the Kisan you get the added bonus of turn signal cancellation. Unfortunately, I'm all thumbs when it comes to things mechanical. That's why I went with the Kuryakyn -- plug and play.:)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys. I thought I had a problem, but I guess it works like it should.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts