Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I could pull the secondary nut and head out to and auto parts or maybe even Lowe's to try and find one,but hate goose chases.

But does anyone know the thread size for the belt tensioner bolt/nut, not the axle but tensioner. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no help, LOL

:crying: guess off from store to store to try and pick a few up, just wish someone knew the threading on that darn nut, you know it's driving me NUTS :D

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
why not just go to the dealer, what's a nut cost from them a few bucks, save on gas if any thing, I bent my pin on front brakes cost me $1.20 at dealer

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I could, rural area, closet Kawa. dealer is about 40 miles, 5 auto parts stores within 12 miles.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good luck even at you dealer...That's if they have a good parts dept.( or they like the look of ya) But that's a common 10 mil fine thread. Home depot ...no! Lowes...no! Ace hardware, Sears hardware or a good Napa dealer with a nut & bolt draw should have it easy.
Try your local hardware store. I mean give em a chance for the traditional easy nuts and bolts. Pep boys advanced auto the zone. Don't waste your time at Home depot and such

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would like to just thank you again, Members do not have to help nor respond, I believe in saying thank you, for me it is important. The info above gets exactly what I needed, and agreed not into wild goose chases, so headed off to auto parts this morning NOW with great info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts