Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think I am finally ready for the ride from St. Louie to Sturgis....:D
Here's some pic.'s om me (in the reflection) and Magie all ready to go. I just received the air cleaner cover, so I included a pic. of it. Also, just finished the Wally-World mod with the running lights attached to the turn signal bars. Used some old clamps from a previously discarded windshield left over from my 750 Honda days. Driver's backrest is also a left-over as I bought the AirHawk seat cushion instead of getting another Mustang seat. I will probably pick up a Mustang down the road if I find a good used one that I can afford.... So, except for latching down my tent, foldaway chair and travel bag, I'm set......... See you in Sturgis.........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
have a safe trip, let us know how it all goes, happy trails

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Safe ride, and have fun!

Where do you plan on camping... the Buffalo Chip?

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't figured out yet where to camp. Will play it by ear. Camped up at Custer State Park many times in the past, but not up towards Sturgis....Any suggestions.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was there last year. Rode from Indiana to Sturgis and it was a blast. You'll love it. We stayed at the RV camp park just inside of town. Great people running it and a great party.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dad and I go down every year. We stay at the Whispering Pines Campground. Its half way between Deadwood and Keystone. We leaving next week Thursday and gonna be down there for a while its gonna be a blast! Everyone have fun down there.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just returned from there. If you ride in Custer State Park, watch out for the buffalo. I got charged and barely got away. They can move a lot faster than you think. Great riding in that area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts