Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a little ways back some asked about ReLocate the Rectum'fires.. found these here is pix of some work I did years ago.
I rerouted the 6 phase (connectors) from the alternators straight back and up to the wiring harness where they feed the 2 Recto'fires. While I was down there on the ground,, figured I move them RF's back outa the way.. actually it was the RF move that prompted the ReWire move.. but thats all water under the bridge. or :beer:s

btw, that rubber hose in front of the shift link is the radiator cap vent overflow line. I didnt like ANY hoses running on top of my motor heads, so I routed this line forward and down the left frame front leg and back to its little bottle. real simple ez. Klean. worx.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was one that asked. Looks nice and neat. So... did you just follow the original wires in the loom, backwards, to where you wanted rectumfires, removed tape from loom in that area and cut and join in new wire etc.
What are all those plugs off?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Think Ponch's unit has the twin reeky set up, hence all the plugs.

Nice conversion, good place too, still gets cool air across it.

My old intruder 1500 had the reccy under the left cover with only a tiny hole for cooling. I fitted a 12volt pc fan on it to keep it cool, worked a treat.

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Warning! Graphic Images Not for the Weak and Timid = stockers

I was one that asked. Looks nice and neat. So... did you just follow the original wires in the loom, backwards, to where you wanted rectumfires, removed tape from loom in that area and cut and join in new wire etc.
What are all those plugs off?
These here Morfications are performed by a Proffessional beer drinker'er and tinker'er.
Do NOT attempt to do this at home. find you a place where you can drink beer and wrench bikes w/o interference from domestic pardners and animals, ie family who will make fun of you (that is what frends are for) for destroying your hard earned not yet paid for machine(s).

Pic-1, the connectors.. in the beginning. every project has to start somewhere?
Pic-2, what you are aiming for.. are you sure?
Pic-3, what brain surgery must look like?
Pic-4, you have to have somewhere to go with all this stuff.
Pic-5, always clean up after yourself. leave no evidence of your crime.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts