Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Installing V&H Staggerds

I've got a set of Vance and Hines Slash Cut Staggerds to put on my 900 Custom and I may be all wrong on this but as I remember I heard somewhere there was an issue getting the pipes fully seated and torqued down into the heads as the V&H flanges were thinner than the stock ones. Thought maybe someone who has a set of these on their bike could tell me if they ran into this. Also can you get to the bolt that holds the baffles on each pipe in place without removing the Chrome sleeves over the mufflers once everything is assembled ? Pipes are not at my location right now so that's why I was asking. Thanks in advance for any help I can get with this. RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine bolted right up with no problems. Tightened after a good run & a couple weeks later.

·
Registered
742 Posts
yup... leave the bolts on the frame bracket lose and tighten the head bolts. then tighten the bracket bolts.

i think the guy that had my bike before me did it backwards because one head bolt looks bent.

And NO... you have to slide the sleeves out of the way. If you debaffle it, and don't like it being so loud... i have the hard kore baffles from smartpartz (http://www.smartpartz.com) ... my pipes were baffle-less when i bought it and didn't like it so i bought them. no use for them anymore because i chopped the exhaust!!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts