Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Vulcan 1600 Classic. The previous owner did a lot of upgrades on it. Tour package, lightbar with two extra lights up front etc... I get A LOT of rattling from the trunk and from the front of the motorcycle.

I know what I need to do with the trunk to relieve that but not sure what to do up front. I checked the housing and made sure everything is tight on the windshield mount but I am prettu sure the majority of the rattling is coming from the windshield and lightbar. Any suggestions for a new Vulcan owner?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just got a used VN1600 Mean Streak with unwanted add-ons. I just removed everything and all was o.k.
Since I'm a newbee I don't know much about the standard configuration of your bike.
If the add-ons are not standard, try to remove them, just to check where the problem comes from.
What I learned from windshields is, that they are very good to reflect noise from other locations.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks man appreciate it. Getting to that season where I cant ride so I will start messing around with the bike.
I just got a used VN1600 Mean Streak with unwanted add-ons. I just removed everything and all was o.k.
Since I'm a newbee I don't know much about the standard configuration of your bike.
If the add-ons are not standard, try to remove them, just to check where the problem comes from.
What I learned from windshields is, that they are very good to reflect noise from other locations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts