Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 900 classic if you shift it a normal rpm very little rattle or knock if you crowd it it is fairly loud at higher rpm louder at 60 or faster didnt know if this was a normal noise for the 900 don't like noises Earl

·
Registered
719 Posts
If you don't like noises the 900 is wrong engine for you. Not sure what you're describing but each engine seems to have a personality when it comes to oil. I did 5 oil changes with different oils in 6k miles and my 900 seems to like Rotella T. Engine is quieter and no clunk when shifting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you don't like noises the 900 is wrong engine for you. Not sure what you're describing but each engine seems to have a personality when it comes to oil. I did 5 oil changes with different oils in 6k miles and my 900 seems to like Rotella T. Engine is quieter and no clunk when shifting.
Do you use the synthetic or dino oil?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bike has 1400 miles on it changed oil at 700 miles used Pro honda gn4 10/40 oil at the time did'nt know oil would be issue which Rotella T oil is it synthetic like to do oil change and ride some before it gets to cold just to see if a different oil will loose some rattle run 93 octan Earl

·
Registered
295 Posts
I changed my oil at 600 miles and used Honda dino 10w40 with a stock Kawasaki filter. I've never heard any knocking noises out of mine, ever. I hear a lot of belt noise, but I think we've all got that problem...

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah rev the bitch up, then you can't hear the cluncks over the exhaust howl. or the one on back

1 - 10 of 10 Posts