Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Voyager. I keep hearing a rattle in the fairing, any ideas of what it might be?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
LOTS of posts on that. The ignition cover plastic rattles against the tank below the ignition switch. I put a small strip of the fuzzy side of velcro on the edge of the plastic.

My next rattle was the left storage compartment door. That was the hardest to figure out because it would only do it after the the door plastic got hot.

It could be a wire rattling against the fairing plastic in the fairing. Or a number of other things can cause it.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Bubba nailed it! Ignition cover! Mine rattled when I first got it lucky for me I work at a rubber company that stocks different Foam sheets I grabbed a couple pieces used double sticky tape and put one piece on each side of the plastic cover piece I used about a 3/4" thick piece worked great.
To see if that's it just reach up and hold that plastic piece when you hear it right in front of the ignition.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Same here. Could have sworn I had a fairing rattle when I first got the Vaq. Then I repositioned the OEM strips on the ignition cover and no more rattle. Easiest fix in the world if that is what you are hearing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts