Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my RAM reservoir mount for my GPS. You can use either reservoir (of course) and RAM has the adapter to fit any GPS. This is much better than I had before when it was off the windshield with a suction cup. It's closer to me and it doesn't cover up anything.
Here you see basic plate & ball joint then the rest from rear.

Front view.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Looks good.

Mine's down between the handlebars with a RAM U-bolt clamp, stem, and cradle. Works well and keeps it shaded so I can see it better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also use the RAM mount system, but just a regular handlebar mount with the short 1.75" arm. Gives me full view of all gauges and stereo, tucking the GPS unit in tight to the left side controls.

Power is provided by the Gilsson wire, which I've ran neatly along the handlebar into the fairing and connected to the AUX power near the radio. Had to pull the outer fairing off to securely wire it in properly.

Cockpit View

Closeup Side View

Closeup Top View

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, that looks well placed also. Nicely done.:)

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They sure do and the thing that's so great is their parts are interchangeable to accommodate almost any desire of location mounting.
No I can't imagine riding without the GPS if I go on a trip. BTW which is in September to the "Blue Ridge Parkway" :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts