Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Wondering about people's experiences with RAM mount U-bolt vs tough claw bases on the Vulcan S handlebar. My main concern is avoiding damage to the bar, and the U-bolt while looking like the best for versatility is designed to clamp metal onto metal, so I think I would have to put something down to protect the handlebar.

Thanks for any thoughts :)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I have the RAM mount u-bolt and I just wrapped a couple layers of electrical tape around the bar where I decided to mount it. My main reason for not going with a clamp style would be ease of theft and I imagine it would scuff the bars much more than a u-bolt ever has time for

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a Ram U-bolt on my Vulcan 800 for several years and recently moved it to my Vulcan Nomad and there was no damage at all, of course I was using one the the plastic shims that it comes with to adapt to the handlebar size.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I got the u-bolt, and it did come with a plastic piece to sit between the metal ring and the handlebar. It's super stable with the x-grip, and my mobile phone as GPS. I took the bike round some twisties and nothing moved. My only complaint is that the black powder coating on the mount isn't the best and even as I was tightening the bolts some flaked off fairly easily. Anyway I'm happy with it and it does what it says on the tin :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
should check out quad lock. Love this mount. Only issue is that you have to use their phone case so you are a little limited.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts