Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any first had experience with the 6* or 7* over triple trees for the 900 custom? Or maybe just general experience with raked triple trees? I'm just curious about handling, i keep reading mixed reviews.

Think i read somewhere that the 6* over trees improves handling with the 240 rear end, is this true?

So far i've dropped the rear 2" and put a 240 kit on and really didn't notice much difference in handling. I'm obviously going for looks with the trees but don't wanna completely ruin the ride.

Any input would be great.
thanks

·
BOTY Winner 2015!, BOTM Winner, July 2015
136 Posts
I have the Sumo-X 6* overstock triple trees on my bike. IMO the handling of the bike improved. I have mine dropped 2 inches in the rear, and the Sumo-X 200-50-18 wheel and tire in the rear. Not sure about the 240 setup, but the 200 on mine with the triple trees on the front end really improved handling.

Heres a video of it on youtube:

https://youtu.be/16W8xs-Zkyk

Heres a pic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear, and sumo-x were the ones I was leaning toward to. Awesome bike BTW, the silver looks great.

·
BOTY Winner 2015!, BOTM Winner, July 2015
136 Posts
I did install the trees on my own. Pretty straight forward, the Sumo-X trees come with new bearings. It was a matter of getting the bike up on the lift, removing everything and then reinstall with the new trees. Took about 2 hours start to finish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts