Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a progressive rear shock 1 inch lower and now want to lower the front fork because I don't like the way the bike handles especially at slow speeds. I've ordered the progressive front fork lowering kit, and the description says it will lower the front end up to 2 inches. Has anyone lowered their front end by 2 inches and if so how did it affect handling and ground clearance? Other than the headlight I believe The 7.2 inch trail on this bike were the only things Kawasaki got wrong. I've replaced the headlight with a fairing mounted round headlight now my biggest complaint is how difficult it is to maneuver at slow speeds.I hate putting my feet down in tight slow speed turns especially around other bikers because I know it makes me look like a rookie,I also know that a big heavy motorcycle doesn't have to feel like a big heavy motorcycle.I'm hoping that lowering the front end will shorten the trail if that doesn't work I'll probably start looking for a custom tipple tree

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I installed a progressive rear shock 1 inch lower and now want to lower the front fork because I don't like the way the bike handles especially at slow speeds. I'm hoping that lowering the front end will shorten the trail if that doesn't work I'll probably start looking for a custom tipple tree
sachimo, you can test this theory w/o the expense. I lowered my front forx 1" in the stock triple trees. I shitcanned the krome fork stockings and ride with nekid legs. Butt dropping the front adds only a modest improvement to steering speed. You aren't changing the geometry enuff.
Our big tour bikes turn in Quik cuz they have 25 degree rakes and the fork tubes are behind the steering nut.
Our behemoth v2ookies have something like 32 degree rake and are Big Long Slow c.r.u.i.s.e.r.s they will never handle like a purpose bilt tour rigg.

Now the thing to do is get you one them Voyager/Vaqueros and chunk the wimp motor out. A little brain surgery and squeeze the heart of beast v2k motor in that sled.. Now you be having some real mofosikle. jus saying if you want to do things rite. poncho

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts