Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the geometry of the rear shock, do you think there is a way to raise the height of the vulcan?
Thanks for your thoughts
Blake

·
Registered
653 Posts
I saw on ebay that you can buy replacement rear suspension struts otherwise known as Dog Bones that can raise the ride height by changing the length of the strut.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would you want to?
I am interested in raising the ground clearance. I realize that the bike will never be a dirt bike, but I am looking to make it slightly more able to handle dirt roads and fire roads. I know that the biggest change I can make would be tires, but I am wondering about other geometry that would help raise the bike.

I saw on ebay that you can buy replacement rear suspension struts otherwise known as Dog Bones that can raise the ride height by changing the length of the strut.
Thanks, I didn't know about this. I did little searching and found some lowering kits for other kawasaki bikes that would probably work to lower the ride, but I am not having luck finding any dogbones that are short and would raise it. an inch shorter might make an impact when combines with other things(tires, exhaust).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts