Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in the Seattle area, which sees its fair share of rain. ;) The rain here is more like an oppressive mist, so it covers the visor perfectly and doesn't really roll off at freeway speeds. I've got a decent rainsuit so I don't really have too much trouble keeping dry (though my boots and gloves tend to get damp fairly quick.) What's really ailing me is the visor on my helmet! It fogs up pretty bad, and I find myself wiping it with my hand to try and keep the rain off. It's 10x worse at night with the streetlights and headlights shining on it.

Long story short, can't keep the visor up because of rain in the face, and can't really see through it down, anything I can do to make this all a little easier to deal with? Visor supposedly has an anti fog coat on the inside, but I've either wiped it off or it's less effective than intended.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Same sort of problem here - coastal Oregon with lots of rain. With my VN900 LT the rain impacts my vision through the windshield and also through my full face helmet shield. This especially is a problem with misty rain. I didn't have this much of a problem with my previous bike, a Yamaha with a fork-mounted fairing. With the Vulcan the rain sticks more on the windshield and does not sheet off, and I have to try to wipe it off my face shield. The face shield supposedly has anti-fog coating on the inside but with rain it fogs up anyway. It all makes for unsafe riding, and as noted previously it's even worse at night. Suggestions welcome - thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Even though they've had some cold weather; Florida is looking better and better. I'm getting tired of all these winter storms. Luckily I live on the west coast of NJ and we only got a few inches from the Nor Easter that just went through.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to live in New Mexico, and loved the rain when I first moved to Washington. Now a little part of me wishes for some of those dry New Mexico winters. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh, in relation to the topic at hand, I did a little more reasearch. Has anyone tried the ProGrip visor insert thingies? Pro-Grip-3000-Light-Sensitive-Lens Read some glowing reviews on the anti-fog aspect of them. I hope I can find one that doesn't have that light sensitive color changing though, I could see that being troublesome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
fogging

To keep your boots dry use mink oil on them. You can buy a spray anti fog for your helmet visor. You need to spit on the inside of the visor when applying the anti fog and rub in with your fingers. You may need to keep the visor cracked open some for air when riding also. Try rain-x on the shield.
Check with winter ski shops for products. They should able to point you in the right direction on the fogging issues. If all else fails keep a squeegee handy.:eek: Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know this is an older post but thought I'd put something out there that I used this past season that worked really well. it's called Cat Crap ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/EK-Cat-Crap/dp/B0009A1XJI[/ame]) works awesome but does need to be applied frequently but it's really easy to do and you don't have to spit on your visor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts