Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really had a chance to try out my rain gear until this week when I managed to get stuck out in a downpour. The rain gear I went with was a set of Columbia parka shell and pants that were designed for skiing. They fit over my normal riding gear well and they are double seamed so no rain got inside anything and they don't flap so as rain gear they seemed to work.

The issue I had was the darned gortex pants got up against the hot exhaust pipe and melted to the pipe pretty darned good. So, now I need to clean a pipe and I also need to figure out a solution in the form of some type of ankle wrap or different pants that will not melt if they come in contact with a hot pipe.

I guess leather chaps over the rain pants would do the job. In that kind of weather more protection is a good idea anyways. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Frog Togs for Motorcycles. OR, sew on a portion of an Ironing Board cover in the appropriate location(s)! Get and use some Easy Off Oven Cleaner on those pipes. Follow the directions and it works...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Bought a set of Frogtoggs last summer from the shop at the Dragon. They lasted a whole 20 minutes before I noticed my right knee felt damp, they melted onto the 1st bend from the rear pipe on my week old Voyager. Was $80 shot, and a black spot on my new bike. I was fuming!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
397 Posts
+1 for the ironing board pad liner on the right leg. instant problem solver. Put some silicone on the stitching to seal it. (not caulk!) They've got seam sealer at most camping supply sections.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your pipes are easy to clean. When hot use a damp cloth and it will clean up easily with a little pressure,never dull also works . I did the same thing,I got a set of rain paints that had a built in heat shield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts