Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help I am planning a number of multi day trips this summer and fall. Knowing the weather in Michigan, and the surrounding area wet weather is almost inevitable. I will be looking for something to pack down to a reasonable size and keep me dry I will also likely be putting it on by the side of the road so it should fit over my normal armored riding jacket and pants.

I would guess that use would be 3 to 5 days per season. Oh and of course cost is always important.

All suggestions, comments, and advise welcome.

Thanks Carl

·
Registered
643 Posts
Help I am planning a number of multi day trips this summer and fall. Knowing the weather in Michigan, and the surrounding area wet weather is almost inevitable. I will be looking for something to pack down to a reasonable size and keep me dry I will also likely be putting it on by the side of the road so it should fit over my normal armored riding jacket and pants.

I would guess that use would be 3 to 5 days per season. Oh and of course cost is always important.

All suggestions, comments, and advise welcome.

Thanks Carl
I hear Frogg Toggs are really good but "Gadget" suggest cutting out and stitch-witching a piece of ironing board cover over the inside leg to prevent exhaust damage . . .

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I have frogg toggs and they are great, and i agree with the stitch-witching. Another suggestion -- get a small compression bag to store the toggs in. You simply stuff the hog toggs into the bag, pull the four straps and the suit ends up fitting in a space about the size of a cantalope.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Harley makes some nice rain gear that has good color to it. While I wouldn't own it because it has "Harley" all over it, I would like to know who makes it to see if they offer it with out all the crap written all over it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
got me a PVC rainsuit from walmart. keeps the wet out for about $30.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Frog Toggs Road Toad suit for me - Check out bike shows, they sell leg wraps (like a half gator) for rain sear to protect your exhaust leg . . . if ya happen to get a burn hole in it, duct tape works great at sealing it . . .

·
Registered
894 Posts
Frog Toggs Road Toad suit for me - Check out bike shows, they sell leg wraps (like a half gator) for rain gear to protect your exhaust leg . . . if ya happen to get a burn hole in it, duct tape works great at sealing it . . .

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow I love this forum Just ask a question and lots of folks are there to help. Thanks for all the responses. :)

RE Frogg Toggs; How is the fit do should I buy a size larger to fit over my armored jacket and pants?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've only been out in the rain once but the Dri Tec worked good as well. I also have a good reflective vest. I don't like the idea of someone running over me cause they didn't see me in the rain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Frogg Toggs!

Been using Frogg Toggs for years, on my second set and wouldn't use anything else. They work and you won't sweat! They even make overboots called Frogg Legs, awesome for keeping your legs and feet dry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts