Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question guys, and I have searched for the answer, but might have overlooked finding it;
What if my VV is parked outside and it starts to rain? Besides the obvious answer "it gets wet" :) Is it ok for the dash and speakers to get wet? It looks like the speakers would fill up with water, and the digital display? And washing the bike, same question, I mean, I guess I never thought about it untill I saw bug guts on the front and about had a panic attack :confused:
I even hate to ask a question like this, but, well you know, just gotta know ya'lls opinions.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Unless you use a hose directly at the speakers and the dash there's nothing to worry about. The grill on the speakers will protect them by dispersing any rain drops. The speakers won't "fill up with water", any water will drain off under the lower part of the grill. The speakers are made for their environment... to a degree.

The meter and dash is a single enclosed unit, so water from rain should not enter the unit. But I would not spray it with a garden hose. :eek:

The bike was made to operate in the rain so there's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this makes me feel much much better ;) I never intend on spraying the dash directly with the hose, but sometimes the rains we can get seem like someone is spraying a hose directly on ya.
Thanks for the insight,
Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts