1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one on mine they are cheap eBay radios. They work fine if all you want to do is listen, but when that other rider rolls next to you with the full fairing and 6x9 blasting you start to think of upgrading your system vary fast. Lol

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
I'm with 12slvrlancer here. I'm thinking of putting some speakers on mine and only want to buy them once. What do yall have on your bikes and how do they sound at 75mph?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Radio's

I bought a system from Sonice electronix . I got the two speaker system. On the handle bars . They have a four speaker system also (1000 watts).It has a radio,SD card slot, usb port. It also has a jack to plug in your I-pod , phone , anything with a 3.5 jack that you can download to . It has a remote , that i velcroed it to my bar so i can change stations and the volume . It's not the best system out there , but it does the job for me. Good luck :grin2:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thinking of doing the same but am going to ride over to the dealership Friday to ask what system would work best for my bike. I have a set of V&H longshots on mine that sound so good I would never change them so I need a system powerful enough to overcome that. I am thinking a full fairing with 4 speakers painted to match my awesome red and white 08. I love,love,love this bike and plan to keep it long term so only want to do it once. may add a set of hard bags and have them painted to match as well. I think I would then have the perfect all around bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. No offense but that radio you posted is trash.
None taken, I knew it was super cheap. I really wanted to know if anyone had tried it or other radios with success short of blowing a grand on a full fairing with a stereo system. I keep bouncing between a radio and something like a pair of Sena BT sets so the wife and I can talk when needed on the road and still listen to music in between the nagging of me going to fast. (I kid, I kid... only slightly...)

·
Registered
233 Posts
None taken, I knew it was super cheap. I really wanted to know if anyone had tried it or other radios with success short of blowing a grand on a full fairing with a stereo system. I keep bouncing between a radio and something like a pair of Sena BT sets so the wife and I can talk when needed on the road and still listen to music in between the nagging of me going to fast. (I kid, I kid... only slightly...)

I would have to get me a radio and speakers. The BT just doesn't satisfy me. Drowns out too much noise. With the radio you can hear it and the ambient noise, traffic, horns, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just joining in on this thread, but can anyone comment on the power draw adding a stereo system to the 1500's? I have a 1996 Classic, one of the older ones, and would love to add a stereo too. But I got to wondering what the extra draw on the charging system would do? Do you have to get a rewound stator to help this out? Or is the stock electrical system sufficient?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not exactly sure how much it would draw. I'm sure each radio is different. I searched and it seems most radios are between 5 and 7 amps.

The power accessory connections on my 1500 are rated for a maximum of 10amps so I would think most radios would be fine. Problem is when you start adding big amps and so forth. They draw a lot of power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts