Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably one of those really simple questions to answer, but I have 2011 Vulcan Voyager non-ABS. I was recently filling the gas and washed the windshield. When I turned it back on, no sound from the speakers! The radio was still on and showing what was playing via RDS, but no sound. Any thoughts??

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Dick

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
This is probably one of those really simple questions to answer, but I have 2011 Vulcan Voyager non-ABS. I was recently filling the gas and washed the windshield. When I turned it back on, no sound from the speakers! The radio was still on and showing what was playing via RDS, but no sound. Any thoughts??

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Dick
Check out the radio settings. There is a setting for speakers off and on. Might have gotten changed somehow. Your manual will tell you how to scroll through all settings with the handlebar switches. Hope is is something that simple for you to correct.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are a genius.....I dont remember ever touching the mode button, but I guess I must have.....speakers were indeed off.

THanks!!!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine bought a brand new 2012 GoldWing last year. He rode it around for a few days and the sound 'quit working'. He couldn't figure it out, his Goldwing riding buddies couldn't figure it out, so he took it to the dealer. The DEALER couldn't figure it out so they said they'd order a new radio unit to see if that fixed it. Well before it came in some wise soul was standing near the bike when he was talking about it not working, pointed to the handlebars and said "Your mute button is on". (And no, the wise soul wasn't me, I couldn't figure it out either!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now you know exactly how I feel....glad there are people smarter than me around.

Thanks again to all!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts