Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 VV1700 suddenly has issues with the rider-passenger com link. When I first get on the bike with the wife, and plug in com cables, she can hear me, I can not hear her. Turn ignition key off, turn back on, all works OK.....for awhile, then I can not hear her again.

When this happens, I notice that the radio face reads VOX in hi-lighted letters. Adjusting vox settings doesn't seem to have any affect. Ignore the %^&%$$#$#&&* com link, then it will pop back on...when this happens, we can hear each other, the hi-lighted VOX message is gone at this time. A few more miles, then it all goes stupid again. I have the J&M helmet headphone/mike setup, it worked perfectly at first, then this started. I have replaced the lower cable (at a cost of $69.00 plus shipping) thought this fixed the problem, but it didn't. My wife (passenger) has the genuine Kawasaki helmet headphone/mike setup.

Anyone have any experience with this?

hank

·
Registered
35 Posts
intercom

You probably aren't interested, but I eliminated the voyager intercom I used Sena blue tooth instead.
I can get music from MP3 and satellite radio, and bluetooth to phone. I have the option of speakers or earphones. All this and more for a lot less money then Kawasaki wanted for the accessories to make the intercom functional. I just use the OEM speakers for any weather radio info from the Kawasaki OEM stereo
I'm just suggesting you may want to look into it before parting with any more $$ into the old system

·
Registered
59 Posts
If the connections are the same maybe swap headphone/mike with your wife's for a test run and see if the problem follows the headset?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts