Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 Meanstreak had a leaky radiator and I fixed it. Now I am not sure if i damaged the fan switch ? because it has not come on since my repair. I now want to add a bypass switch so I can turn it on manually. I have all wires and a switch ready to go. on the radiator I see 2 switches, one is a thermostat, the other is the fan, One switch has 2 posts on it the other has only one post. Suggestions anyone ?

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I would go look at Gadget's fixit page. He has the steps to hook up a bypass switch.

·
Registered
436 Posts
This may be a silly question, but why would you want to bypass the thermal switch on the bike if it's working correctly? Now I understand Redwarrior's isn't so that's a different story, but why else would you? Do you want to run the fan all the time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could replace the fan switch which is the easy fix. I will replace it soon. The bypass allows me the option of turning on the fan while in traffic or prior to it coming on itself. It also allows me to turn it on if the switch goes bad. Nothing wrong with keeping your engine cool ! unless your not riding, which is never good.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'd be concerned that I'd forget to turn it on when it needed it. Hence the thermal switch. Can you wire the manual switch in parallel to the thermal switch so if you do forget to turn it on, the thermal switch will still turn it on?

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
I'd be concerned that I'd forget to turn it on when it needed it. Hence the thermal switch. Can you wire the manual switch in parallel to the thermal switch so if you do forget to turn it on, the thermal switch will still turn it on?
That would work. Best of both worlds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts