Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background first. I was on my 2011 Vaquero enjoying a 6000 mile trip and pulling a 400 pound camper out west through Co, up through Wy and back through SD to PA.. Mid trip I needed a tire. I called ahead to get the tire from a dealer. After having the new rear tire installed, I took off to continue my trip. At 75mph, I got a death wobble that almost put me down. If it had not been for my 41 years experience I would have crashed. I rode back to the dealership and come to find out they put a radial tire on my bike. I had ordered a bias ply. They said it doesn't make a difference. I told them it doesn't if you are not towing anything. The side walls on a radial are softer and flex easier. It was enough to almost put me down. They replaced the rear tire with a bias ply and I was fine from there on. I ran 80 Plus in SD. Have any of you experienced an issue between radials and bias ply tires?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
To tell you the truth I couldn't tell you what I'm running right now. I know the brand name and tire name but haven't got a clue as to if they're radial or bias. They're both the same though so I know I'm not running half-n-half.

To answer your question, no, I've never had any tire issues. That's good to know about the softness difference in the sidewalls.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts