Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few weeks ago she started to lose her appetite, and by Friday she would not eat at all. No matter what we put in front of her. She was losing weight and last nite I thought her belly was bulging, kinda felt like a mushy balloon.

Took her to the vet, she had some kind of liver failure as she was showing signs of jaundice. Not having the funds to go down the road of blood work and all sorts of tests I had her put down earlier this afternoon.

Prolly about 8 or so years ago a guy pulled up to the swale across the street from my shop, took her out of the car and put her in the grass. We asked what he was doin, he said "cat scratched the baby, wife said cat had to go". He got in his car and drove away. She was terrified and crawled into a corner of the building. I went out ,got her and brought her in my shop. And she had a new home. She was a fixture here. I have a chair for my customers here in the office, but it was "her chair" and my fine customers respected that!!

She is already missed.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think its wonderful to take in a stray animal. You gave her a good home for 8 years. For those of us who dont, or cant have children, our pets ARE OUR CHILDREN. When they are gone, they take a part of us with them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I agree. Good on you for taking her in. You made her remaining 8 years so much better than if you hadn't been there. Condolences on losing her. Hopefully another little one will be so lucky as to make their way to your door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So sad about your loss. When you ride over rainbow bridge you will find your shop girl again. There's plenty of rescue facilities looking to home...adopting is not a replacement by any means but helps to keep the lap warm on the cold nights!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ray, my wife and I have four cats. Even though we're still young (I'm 32 and she's 28), because my health issues we'll almost definitely never have children. But we have our cats and love them dearly. Even tho HER cat is a bitey little a$$hole (only to me, he LOVES her) and mine pees on the couch. They're our little family. Reading your story put a lump in my throat as I remembered my old cat Simon, who passed a few years ago. He was 18, and I'd had him since I was 12.

He too had started too lose a lot of weight, and wasn't eating much. I switched him to soft food thinking maybe dry food was too tough for him to chew. I don't know what happened, but I found him huddled in a corner one day after work, dazed. He looked at me, gave a Siamese squawk, and fell over. He died in my arms a couple hours later...couldn't even find a vet to take him to, since it was late on a Friday evening. Broke my heart, blamed myself for not taking him in when he started to drop the weight. Still do.

Lunatic, I'm with you...you lose one and you say, "no more. Hurts too much." But that never lasts. Now we have 2 free farm cat giveaways, a Petsmart adoption, and a stray we took in just last Halloween.

My heart goes out to ya, Ray.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
sorry for your loss. I had my dog bruiser for 17 years. He's been gone almost 5 years. Like Lunatic I also said never again. I have found myself going by the Animal defense to see what they got. That's where I got ole Bruiser.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Ray,

Sorry for your loss, there is just no easy way to watch one die.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANX TO ALL...the shop seems to be empty today. Amazing how one critter can make such an impression on us.

They just ain't here long enuff... damn it.

RACNRAY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts