Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom passed away early this morning. She was 82 1/2 y.o. She had been in a nursing home the last few years of her life after breaking her hip back in 2007.

This woman was the one person that had the most positive influence on me. She taught me right from wrong, don't cheat, steal or lie, treat others with respect and treat them the way I want to be treated. Those lessons and millions (I'm sure of that figure!) others have been the most instrumental in helping to mold me into the person I am. Her goodness and kindness has never nor will ever be equaled in my life.

She was also the most unselfish and giving person I have ever met. She put her family
before herself. I can honestly say my mom is my hero as she faced difficult times thru her life and nothing stopped her, till she broke that hip. Dimensia and Alzeimers followed all to quickly.

I would visit my mom on Mondays, my day off. When I saw her this past Monday she was just not there in her mind. She had long ago lost her ability to conversate so my visits were me telling her the goings on in my life. I would always try to be funny and I would get a laff from her. I got some laffs from her that day, I will always remember them.

When my visits would end I would always tell her "you're the best mom in the world, you brought me up right and I am so proud to be your son". She would always have a quick cry, and she responded that same way this past Monday. All I can say is those words I spoke to her are the understatemants of the century.

I give her the upmost credit not only in how she raised my siblings and I, but she was also hugely instrumental in the success of my shop in it's early days. She would come to my shop most days of the week and help answer the phones and do TONS of paperwork for me, without her help I would have surely failed. And she did this from her heart as she would not even take gas money from me! When I had my very serious crash in 2000 and exploded my spleen I was in the hospital for 6 days she was not only there at the hospital every day but would go into my shop to work.

A true earth angel has gone to join God.

RAY

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences. Sounds like she was an ideal Mom and a wonderful person. Keep her memory in your heart always. Thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and all her friends.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
So sorry, many condolences. Glad you know that you mom is resting comfortably in God's arms.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My condolences to you and your family in your time of loss. It's great that you have many fond memories. They truly help during the tough times.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I need to go visit my mom, she lives about 6 hours away, but I'm overdue of visits to her.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ray,
You have my most sincere condolense on your most loved loss, We never get over it just have their memories to keep us on the right track. Your mother sounds like a Wounderful Human being you will miss her as I do mine. You will always have her memories to keep you going. God Bless You And Yours!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ray,
I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope your wonderful memories will help you through this very difficult time. I know she will always be with you. Your tribute to her is beautiful, I hope your days get brighter soon.

With deep sympathy,
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THANX SO MUCH GUYS...your support is very much appreciated!
RAY

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
My sincerest condolences Ray, my families thoughts and prayers will be with you. Just remember all of those fantastic memories brother!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Ray, I simply, wholeheartedly and humbly understand,
Mike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts