Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quote of the Day from Larry the Cable Guy

"Even after the New Orleans Saints' Super Bowl victory, I have noticed a large number of people, implying with bad jokes and anecdotes, that Louisiana Cajuns ain't smart. I would like to state for the record that I disagree with that assessment.
Anybody who would build a city five feet below sea level, in a hurricane zone, and fill it with Democrats who can't swim is a damn genius"!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
LMFAO

Gotta love Larry!

Scott

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing about ole Larry, he ain't near as dumb as he would have some believe. :cool:
yeah, he's made more than a few millions pretending to be a sleevless redneck,, and what have any of us done with all our edumacation?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Note of the Day

its just right thing to do

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
yeah, he's made more than a few millions pretending to be a sleevless redneck,, and what have any of us done with all our edumacation?
Ain't nuthin wrong with us sleeveless rednecks. :) Some of us did alright despite our educations. ;) If more folks thought the way we do this country wouldn't be spinning the fast track down the crapper as we speak.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
os, redneck is a term of endearment roun these parts.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks to our fear'less leader(s) we cant krap fast nuff 4em

A rare spider discovered at a construction site in San Antonio has shut down a $15 million project as federal and state officials consider ways to continue without disrupting the arachnid’s natural habitat.

The spider, identified as a Braken Bat Cave Meshweaver, is an endangered, non-venomous species that lives in caves, has no eyes and is virtually translucent. Josh Donat, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Transportation, said the recent discovery is only the second time the species has been spotted in more than 30 years.

"This is the second individual spider that's ever been found,” Donat told FOX 29. “It's not like we found 1 of 5,000 individuals in a species. This is the second time this species has ever been seen by human eyes. The last time it was seen was 32 years ago in 1980 in a little piece of property not far from here."

Donat said the construction project near Highway 151 and Wiseman Road, which began in April, will be put on hold indefinitely as U.S. Fish and Wildlife officials and the Federal Highway Administration consider ways to proceed. The project became subject to the Endangered Species Act once the rare spider was discovered, he said.

The find could halt the project altogether, officials said, as residents who live in the North San Antonio Hills section say they’re frustrated with the situation.

"This will stop all the traffic and I don't have to stand out in the front of my house every morning with my kids and make sure they don't get run over before they catch the bus,” resident John Mellow told the website.

btw;; if I'da spotted the bug, woulda crushed him like all the others. nobody woulda even kno'd diffren.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The spider story reminds me of a local bridge project that was to take place here some years ago. The bridge was damaged and had to be replaced. Approximate cost 1.2mil. A supposedly rare minnow was discovered in the pool beneath the bridge that caused a big uproar. Long story short, by the time the bridge was completed it was almost 2 years behind schedule and cost 9.8mil. The thing was just a couple miles away were pools in another stream that were chock full of the special red headed critters. My FIL and I had used them for bait for many years. Never said a word to anyone and to this day they make great bait and the pool under the new bridge went dry sometime back rendering those special critters extinct in that particular area.

Nature takes care of it's own. Sometimes bulldozers and concrete are just a part of nature.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
A proper termiticide used in a termite pre-construction treatment of the soil could have solved this whole problem. .Some termiticides kill many different bugs. This spider could have been killed before anyone knew about it if a good insecticide/termiticide would have been done. Just sayin'......$15 million dollars....
And besides that, dinosaurs became extinct and the world keeps spinning, the sun keeps coming up, etc.... What's the big deal about some of these rare bugs living their life-span then dying off?

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Why is it the govt doesn't give a damn about that other rare species?

The hard-working tax-paying American?

Oh, sorry, not PC ... moving along ...

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
And besides that, dinosaurs became extinct and the world keeps spinning, the sun keeps coming up, etc.... What's the big deal about some of these rare bugs living their life-span then dying off?
pc libs, aka tree huggers, save the whales, save the baby seals, save the planet, kill the humans... need to start with all them libs , thin the surplus population. vermin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts