Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
smoking, that is:p I smoked my last cigarette on Oct. 15th, so far so good, 3 days smoke free, haven't felt the need to kill anyone, lol!

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
I quit a 2 pack a day habit 20 years ago and they told me if ya want to quit smoking ya gotta quit drinkin'. BS! :D Don't miss it, actually I am very sensitive to cig smoke now, glad people can no longer smoke in restaurants in MN anymore.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been smoking for almost 30 years, 1`to 2 packs a day, my wife has been smoking for as long but she's been cutting down and decided to quit with me. We both survived the weekend, wasn't too bad. Tomorrow will be the test, can I handle the stress at work and not smoke, we shall see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just hang in there. Thats what most will say and as A Smoker myself and have been for more yrs than I would like to admite I truly hope you can stay off them I admire anyone who takes this stand for themselves and ther love ones GOOD LUCK to you and the WIFE.:):)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hang in there

You got more will power the me, I was gonna quit when I got the bike in August but haven't yet. Hope to soon it's been to long.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the support! I think I need to buy stock in Werthers and Altoids, lol, but hey, whatever it takes! One of the motivators for us is a bike trip, we're wanting to go on a 18 day, 3000 mile road trip next year, financed by quitting smoking:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good Luck

Good for you! I wish I was ready and strong enough to quit. I know I will someday.....just not yet.:( You should have a really nice trip with the money you save. I know if my husband and I were to quit we'd save over $3500 in a years time. Real nice trip!!!:rolleyes: Good Luck.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Great news!! Hang in there and don't look back. I quit 19 years ago the day my grand daughter was born. She's about to make me a GREAT grand father any day now and I wouldn't have been here to see that if I'd continued with the habit.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Day 4 and no bodies to hide, lol! I can say it ain't easy, but it's really not as bad as I thought it'd be, no shakes, no stressin' out(I can't say the same for my wife) more like a bunch of little mind games. I'll want a smoke and I'll tell myself, tough, you quit, you don't need one, and I'll go about my business. We're still hangin' in there!

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
4 days is good! It should start getting easier now. The first 48 hrs is the roughest. One thing that was hard for me to break was reaching for my shirt pocket to grab my smokes.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mornings are the worst for me so far. For so many years I went through the same routine, grab my coffee, get on the laptop, and fire up that 1st smoke of the day. A couple times I've caught myself, grab my coffee, get on the laptop, reach for the...oh wait, I quit:D

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just a suggestion. Stay away from the places and situations that were your favorite places to light up. Drink lot'sa drinks that are high in acid. It'll help detox your body of the nicotine. Stay away from sugar. Go polish your bike. Yell at your shrubs and trees. Take a lot of showers and brush your teeth alot.

Most of all tell yourself that you are tougher than the habit......and mean it. We are with you, friend.

OBG

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far so good, today is day 9 smoke free:D Today was a pretty good test, we had a good sized group run with SCRC, about 25 bikes, I swear at the break everyone except for maybe 3 of us lit up, lol and man did they smell good! I try to avoid some situations that put me in contact with smoke, some situations you just can't avoid, and I refuse to be that a$$hat ex-smoker with the holier than thou attitude. We're hangin' in there!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a suggestion. Stay away from the places and situations that were your favorite places to light up.
Now that's gonna be tough, I'd have to quit eating, lol! My favorite time/place, bar none, was after a meal. To me those were the best smokes ever, lol!

·
Registered
10 Posts
new years will start my forth year, the thing that helped me the most after 2 weeks was THE SMEALL on people it was amazing how much you stink from a distance to. it could make me throw up some times, hang in its not all in your mind, its in your system, & you can beat it. each time you start to wont one give it a few min, it will pass and those periods will get longer every day. BUT it only takes one to start back, every so often i still wont one myself but it will never hapen agean. i smoked near bout 3 packs aday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts