Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have speedster swept long pipes on my 14, with no baffling. Looking for quieter pipes. Thinking about going back to sock pipes. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have speedster swept long pipes on my 14, with no baffling. Looking for quieter pipes. Thinking about going back to sock pipes. Any thoughts?
Looks like Cobra sells baffles for a lot of there pipes. Found some for about $40. not sure of that was each or pair. Maybe try inserting baffles before ditching them?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
here's the thing with pipes, you have 2 options, loud pipes or stock quiet, because there's no such thing as middle range pipes (less than loud but more than quiet)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would prefer quite over loud but new stock pipes are expensive so I'll try baffles. Thanks for the feedback. Does our forum have a swap section?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
check fiche on your bike, www.ronayers.com has a fiche page and check to see is part numbers are same on 2011 and 2014

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a set from a 2010 Classic LT 900, just took them off this year. 15K mile on the ride. Pipes are in great shape. Make me an offer. PM me if we can on this forum.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have stock pipes on my 900 and they are not what I would refer to as quiet. We live in a quiet neighborhood, riding to the main highway where there are louder bikes I am concerned about the effects of my bike on neighbors and so their opinions of bikers in general. But unless there is some quieter alternative my stock pipes will remain.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Agree with Hot Cruiser, my 900 also has stock pipes with no mods. When I ride thru the garage at work, the rumble can be heard throughout the garage, which to me seems to attract a bit of attention. I think they are loud enough.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you haven’t found a set of stock pipes yet let me know I have a really nice set that only have 58 miles on them. They were taken off my 2014 900classic shortly after the bike was bought new and swapped for a set of Freedom Performance pipes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found a pair and have them installed already, thank you. How much do you need to get for them?May consider a back up pair.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bluebeast23, do you still have the stock exhaust pipes that came off of your 2014 900 Classic? Also, can you pack them so they won't get scratched during shipment? If the pipes are in nearly pristine condition, I would be willing to help with the costs of packing them. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts