Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, maybe this is not the next greatest idea you have ever heard. But I plan on using it the next time I go on a long ride. I went to Wal-mart last night and bought a water bottle & cage setup for a bicycle. The cage looks similar to the one at this link. I didn't want to permananetly mount anything to my handle bars. And I was looking around for other places to stick it. Then I saw the left hand passenger peg. I always ride solo since my wife won't ride with me and my friends get pissy when I ask if I can give their wives a ride!:eek: So, I took two black plastic zip ties, ran them through the mounting holes and around the peg. It was really sturdy. I will just zip it on when I go on a long ride and snip it off when I'm done. It is a really out of the way spot that is easy to reach with your clutch hand. Like I said, nothing earth shattering here, but maybe someone will like my idea.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am going to try this. I only have a solo seat but never removed the passenger pegs...now I know why. thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If now someone could figure out how to modify a 12v refrigeration unit to cool the water,,,,,,
That's what the Starbucks thermos is for...it keeps stuff hot or cold for hours and hours and hours....

Can't mount on the passenger pegs for me though, I use those as one position to set my feet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a removable cup holder for about $40 from my stealership. It was made for a Honda Goldwing, but works great. It has a small clip that mounts to the handlebar (or any other 1" bar) and then the cup holder just snaps on and off. I looked on Google for it a minute ago and couldn't find the same one that I have. I will check to see if it is labeled with a part number or something when I get home. I'll also post a pic or two if I get the chance.

I have learned that the best fit cup is actually a gas station "medium" cup. It stays in the holder better than a water bottle and is better insulated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
my homemade cup holders

i took two old school cup holders that you would hang on your car door and cut off the hanging part. i had to put some duct tape on them in a couple of spots to keep them from spreading apart. i also taped them in the middle. small bungee cord around the handlebar riser and tada! i wrapped a small rag around the bungee hooks so they don't scratch up the chrome.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok so I finally got around to taking the pictures of my holder. I am very happy with this holder. As I said above I have learned that a medium sized gas station cup works about the best from all I have tried so far. I looked all over the mounting hardware and the holder itself for a part number or a brand name and couldn't find anything. I am still pretty sure that it was meant for a Honda Goldwing. Hope this helps.

Targett:cool:

holder_from_front.jpg

holder_from_top.jpg

holder_from_top_side.jpg

holder_mount.jpg

holder_mount_from_side.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts