Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very excited today when my new Pirelli MT66 tires showed up!
They are labelled "Tubeless". Is this a problem for my Classic LT "tube" type wheels?
I thought I read that other Classic LT owners were using this tire with great results?
When I ordered them there was no designation to them being tube or tubeless.
Am I screwed? I don't want to take them to be mounted and look like an idiot!
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If you have cast wheels, you can go tubeless. If you've got spokes, you should probably run a tube or you'll be leaking air all the time.

You can put a tube into a tubeless tire without damaging the tire.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I was very excited today when my new Pirelli MT66 tires showed up!
They are labelled "Tubeless". Is this a problem for my Classic LT "tube" type wheels?
I thought I read that other Classic LT owners were using this tire with great results?
When I ordered them there was no designation to them being tube or tubeless.
Am I screwed? I don't want to take them to be mounted and look like an idiot!
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
ALL tires are labeled "tubeless" now. It just means u can run them with or without tubes......even the oem Dunlops are labeled "tubeless" tires. Hope this helps-SH.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Gear
Just had my mt66's mounted on my 08 classic LT you are going to be pleasantly surprised, my bike rides like a different machine smoother, better tracking no more following the cracks. I could not beleive that tires would give that much better a ride. I will never go back to the OEM Dunlops.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You can use tubeless tires on a tubed rim, you cannot used tubed tires on a tubeless rim, the bead is different and will not provide a good seal. There are still tubed tires manufactured as you saw on your originals.

And you can buy rear tires of the correct size for the front and mount them backwards. There's more tread on a rear tire and it will last longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts