Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference in the stock seat I have on my 900 Custom an a stock seat on a Classic? I was wanting to get a little better seat for the passanger ( my wife ). The Classic passanger seat looks a little wider. I found a good deal on a classic seat.I want to get a Mustange seat but don't have the extra funds right now ( tax time ). I was thinking about getting the classic seat to use for a while.

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
851 Posts
Is there any difference in the stock seat I have on my 900 Custom an a stock seat on a Classic? I was wanting to get a little better seat for the passanger ( my wife ). The Classic passanger seat looks a little wider. I found a good deal on a classic seat.I want to get a Mustange seat but don't have the extra funds right now ( tax time ). I was thinking about getting the classic seat to use for a while.

Thanks Tim
Yes the classic seat will fit on your custom! I have a Mustang seat so a buddy has my stock on his custom for the same reason(his wife) the classic seat is a little better but not by much, about 40 minutes and my wife had to get stop...but she loves the Mustang!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a Fire and Steel gel seat on my 900 classic. It's not a bad seat for 240 bucks and had plenty of cushion for passengers. Might want to give it a look.

·
Registered
76 Posts
HI

I put 1 seat Mustang on my Classic and the saddle is scheduled for Custom and Classic, it's the same. There are only two layers in place for the Custom. Everything was provided! The seat Kawa is better for passanger on the Classic.

http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Seats

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am seriously considering buying a Kawasaki gel seat on eBay but I keep reading mixed reviews. I hear it is better than the stock seat but not as comfortable as the Mustang. I wonder if it best to wait and save up for the Mustang? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Agree with many, could not ride the stock seat for more then 50 miles before pain & numbness set in.

Went with a Corbin Dual Tour and will be adding the back rest for my wife. This is my second Corbin so I knew it would work for me. I can ride 300+ days with no pain or numbness in my back or tail bone. This model you can add two back rests, and heating if you so desire. Have been very pleased with the company and the quality over the years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Found a really good gel seat at Chaparrall in San bernardino. Can't remember the make but there are only so many out there. Agreed that the seat can get pretty uncomfortable after a couple of hour riding. My last tour of wine country I thought my butt was going to drop off.

(just make sure you don't tell your wife "I need a wider seat to fit your ass." you'll be sleeping on the couch for a week.)

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Found a really good gel seat at Chaparrall in San bernardino. Can't remember the make but there are only so many out there. Agreed that the seat can get pretty uncomfortable after a couple of hour riding. My last tour of wine country I thought my butt was going to drop off.

(just make sure you don't tell your wife "I need a wider seat to fit your ass." you'll be sleeping on the couch for a week.)
You didn't say that...:beat-up:

Chapparel has everything... Bought my bike from them. Really please with the service.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I almost went with a Kaw Gel seat on my custom, but at the time they didn't offer one for the Custom. I drove to the dealer and asked if they would try a seat swap from a classic just to see it would work. It would not latch. So I bought the Mustang Vintage Wide Touring and love it. Turns out the catch on the custom seat mounts at a different height than the classic and you have to shim out the catch about 1/2" so it will reach the lock. Seems like most people like the gel seat for a few K miles but then the gel starts to break down and bunch up (just like the Mustang site warns it will). I've got 20K miles on my Mustang and it's still as comfortable and good looking as day 1! My vote is save your pennies for a real seat and forego the Kaw product.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info. I missed out on the seat. So now I will have to make up my mind on what to get. Thanks again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am seriously considering buying a Kawasaki gel seat on eBay but I keep reading mixed reviews. I hear it is better than the stock seat but not as comfortable as the Mustang. I wonder if it best to wait and save up for the Mustang? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks the advise, and will go for the mustang! I just wanted to get confirmation from the forum that the Mustang is best way to go.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thinking of getting a Mustang seat to replace original. Anyone have the "Mustang Daytripper"? Just wondering how it feels or should I spend the extra $ and go with the bigger one...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I put a Russell seat on my Classic and I love it. The Mustang I had on my '09 Nomad didn't work for me, but I sold the bike anyway. Like the 900 Classic better. I can ride all day on it with the Russell. Sure, it's spendy (getting their backrest installed jacked the price up) but absolutely worth every penny. Turned an hour-ride bike into an all-day tourer.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I put a Russell seat on my Classic and I love it. The Mustang I had on my '09 Nomad didn't work for me, but I sold the bike anyway. Like the 900 Classic better. I can ride all day on it with the Russell. Sure, it's spendy (getting their backrest installed jacked the price up) but absolutely worth every penny. Turned an hour-ride bike into an all-day tourer.
I bought the Mustang seat off ebay for $374 and I and the wife love it, we can ride forever. I went on the Russell website just to get a figure on what it would cost me and there so many different options I didn't know what I really want. They look like a great seat but the figure that I come up with is it's to rich for my wallet. I don't ever recall anyone ever sharing what they spent on the Russell seat, so what did it cost you to get it delivered to your front door?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder if you could have padding added or switched out in the Classic seat for less than the cost of a new Mustang seat.I have the Classic and my butt burns after 100 miles with a few stops in between.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I wonder if you could have padding added or switched out in the Classic seat for less than the cost of a new Mustang seat.I have the Classic and my butt burns after 100 miles with a few stops in between.
There is a company that builds off the OEM seat (Russell Cycle Products). Don't know the pricing but here is the site: http://www.day-long.com/ check out their site. Don't know if anyone on this forum board has tried them out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does anyone have a willie and max solo seat? Wondering what it looks like on the bike and is it comfortable? Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had my seat rebuilt by Mean City Cycles and it was a big inprovement. You send them your seat and they make the inprovements you want and send it back. I think it cost me about $150.00.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts