Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2013 900 Classic (not LT). It has a lightbar installed.

I'm looking to add a quick release windshield. I'm going to look for a smallish one.

Any suggestions? Does it take a specific windshield when you have a lightbar?

Cheers, Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
I put the Spitfire Sport shield on my 900C. It has a couple of rods that come out of the shield down to two clamp on devices that allow adjustment and quick release. It is not a large shield by any means but it does take the "center mass" air pressure off. It looks like we may share a body type and it will become important to reduce the amount of strain that will accompany a long ride....

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check out Memphis Shades windshields. There trigger lock system is a really nice and easy (and secure) quick release system. Once you put the hardware on your bike you can have quick release functionality with any of their compatible windshields. If you are interested I am selling a new trigger lock hardware kit for the 900. Good luck

·
Registered
987 Posts
Excellent. I'll look them up! And yes, I'm a big guy!
I figured from the pic, lol. This is a pic of me on my motorized beer cooler..... never really got that "normal" thing down pat...:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
Not too fast with 300lbs of me on it BUT it will do about 25 mph with 140 to 160 lb on it....... Unsafe at any speed really, been on my side a few times lol. Not sure if it was the "slosh" that took me over or not:devil2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts