Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been given a Quick Release Screen (originally mounted on a Harley Road King) and am wondering about potential mounting options on my 2010 Classic. The screen still has the quick release hardware attached but didn't come with the brackets to attach to my bike (and they wouldn't fit my bike anyway).

I found a possible solution on Amazon ( amazon.com/Kawasaki-K99994-0178-Windshield-Conversion-Kit/dp/B0084EL4DG ) but I am in Australia so the $$ conversion and freight cost makes this quite expensive for a 10 year old bike.

Any other ideas, solutions out there? Or should I look at custom manufacturing?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
You really need to know who made the screen. Then you can see what plates fit your bike. Without that info, anything you buy will be a crap shoot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You really need to know who made the screen. Then you can see what plates fit your bike. Without that info, anything you buy will be a crap shoot.
Thanks for your replay Steve. As far as I know (and was told by the previous owner of the screen) it is a stock Harley Davidson screen from a 2012 Road King. I was wondering if there was some kind of conversion kit or similar solution to mount the screen on my 1700 Classic.

The Classic LT has a stock screen but its not clear from photos I have found on Google how it is mounted, although I can kind of get an idea of the design from the conversion kit mentioned in my earlier post.

I know its a bit of a long shot, but figured I would ask the question anyway.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
If you know what bike it came off of, you could visit a Harley dealer and see if you can see the hardware that stays on the bike. Measure the critical mounting points and see if their hardware can be modified to fit. The link you provided looks like it would work, but you would probably need to drill the shield to match the bracket screw holes. It's unlikely that the current holes would match the new hardware.

Good luck with it. Let us know how it works out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts