Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the size (pitch of thread) on the bolts that hold the chrome(plastic) skirts on the back of the bike?
These would be the bolts that hold on your sissy bar or saddle bag supports.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They should be M8x1.25. I bought longer bolts a while back to hard mount some bags and that's what I used.

I went to the store tonight with one and found out they are m8x1.25

I need to buy longer ones to use my saddlebag mounts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like this idea Flyingbrick... I'm always taking saddlebags on/off and same with backrest so maybe I'll try putting studs in. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Flyingbrick,

Where did you find M8x1.25 Studs. I would be interested in changing out my SB mounting bolts if I found studs long enough.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, 1.25. I just hard mounted my bags last weekend. I had a hard time finding Metric bolts with this thread at the length I needed (about 3.5 inches long). Tryed Lowes and no go, but the salesman there recomended Sears Hardware. He said they have a great selection of metric hardware. Sure enough, he was right. I found what I needed to get-r-done. The worst part of the job was getting the bolts lined up to get them started. Had to go through a lock washer, fender washer, through the back wall of the bag, another fender washer, a 1" spacer, the bag mounting bracket which is like another 1" spacer, and then line it all up to get it started into the fender nut. More trouble than I would have ever thought. Oh well, if it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun. ;) Which brings me to the question, what are these studs you are all talking about? I'm not really understanding what these are exactly. Can someone bring me up to speed on these and how you installed them? They may be something I would be interested in installing, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts