Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than being for a 1" bar - is there anything else to look for in risers as far as fitment goes? I see alot of the 1" advertised for Harley on ebay and such ---- is there something with the mouting post or anything?

I am just looking for something basic....3" rise, don't need any pull back or anything just looking to get my hands up a little.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seriously guys...no one? I know it's a pretty elementary question but it's been some time since I had to purchase anything bar related!

Help me out...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Scootworks has the PhatRiser I, II, and III but they do invoke some pullback. On the other hand you can get yourself a longer bolt and then add washers and/or chrome sections to give rise only.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I am just looking for something basic....3" rise, don't need any pull back or anything just looking to get my hands up a little.
2" extensions on ebay

more 2" extensions on ebay

I have a set of these on my bike. A little bit of pullback would be nice but not the end of the world, especially for the price. To answer your original question, the stock risers sit flush against the triple tree so anything aftermarket you get should be flat along the bottom. Sounds simple but my Shadow had some weird lip at the bottom of the risers at that had to fit into the triple tree. I bought of a set of aftermarket risers for it that wouldn't work because they would slide around. Other than that the only thing I can think of the be on the lookout for is something that has bolts that won't fit through the triple tree. Not sure how big is too big.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Search ebay for vulcan 900 risers. You'll find a selection in heights up to six inches in a variety of styles for $30-200. I've had the el-cheapos on both my bikes without issues. I drilled my top triple clamp to take half inch bolts, but you can buy the Baron kit for $28 that is a stud size adapter to save you the drilling.

I currently have these in the six inch (4.5 inch rise) version. I paid about $40 shipped--

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-MOTORCYCLE-CUSTOM-CHOPPER-HANDLEBAR-BAR-RISERS-3-5-/220837756958?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336af4c01e

1 - 7 of 7 Posts