Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read an article about a product Called, "RAM-UP',,,,

It is an oil additive/treatment, that is supposed to "reduce the oil temperature, increase engine power & effiency, increase HP & torque",,,,and been proven to do all these things! Now, I ask,,,,has anyone heard or used this product and what has it done for them!???......

www.ranuppowersports.com

Thanks for the help & info.
TSTOCK.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Usually if it sound to good to be true then it's nothing more than snake oil. It sound s a lot like slick 50. They to claimed to be the next best greatest thing to motor oil.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm sure they claim that their "Nano-Ceramic" particles bond to the imperfections in the cylinder wall for friction reduction and improved compression. Almost any additive of this type may provided limited SHORT-TERM benefits, but nothing bonds to the cylinder walls permanently.

Can you imagine what this will do to a wet clutch!!!

Slick-50 claimed the same about their teflon particles, but eventually they clogged oil passages and many motorcycle engines were destroyed. A friend of mine raved about how much better his Yamaha R1 was running with Slick-50 until his engine seized shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The vn1700 will run perfectly for 226,000 miles (and counting) without ever adding anything to the oil or fuel. Save your money for tires.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
The vn1700 will run perfectly for 226,000 miles (and counting) without ever adding anything to the oil or fuel. Save your money for tires.
That is some serious mileage! Good to know these scoots will roll for a long time and distance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts