Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just bought a 2009 Vulcan 500, but I am more partial to the style of the early 90's vulcans. Was wondering if anyone had done a gas tank swap and if they are compatible across the decades. Looking for a narrower tank that sits higher on the bike. Same question for the front and rear fenders. Thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome aboard!

As a fellow 500 rider, let me say you'll have better responses posting in the dedicated 500 section of the forum. Also filling out your profile to include your bike year and model will help others answer your questions without hunting through posts or asking you several times what your bike specifics are.

I pulled up photos of your tank style (en500c, same as mine) and the earlier en500a, and I noticed some major differences. The 500c uses the tank mounted dash, while the 500a uses a solid tank with a handlebar mounted gauge and light set.

Also, the hump underneath is noticeably shallower and formed differently, which means it may not sit well around all the goodies tucked underneath.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but it would be a pretty hefty project.

As for fenders, the 500a and 500c rear fenders have a visually close appearance, but use entirely different mount points. Again, it can be done, but it will be a job with fabrication, not a simple bolt on part.

The front fenders do appear very similar as far as mounting points are concerned, and might be a bolt on swap.

I only compared the 500 series Vulcan parts for this, but there might be other makes and models that would work for your needs.

Sorry I couldn't bring better news, but hope this helps!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to forum!

Too much work, it will cost more than getting EN500A. Front fender is only thing that can be mounted without modification. Rest will be PITA.
Just sell your EN500C and get A, or get in touch with someone and switch bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts