Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all !

Probably a very stupid question, but I've been searching everywhere and no one can really verify me.

I'm trying to buy a windshield for my 2012 Vulcan 900 Classic. As far as I was told by many people, anything that fits on 2011 should fit on 2012 classic also. Can someone please verify if this information is correct?

I tried calling the dealer also, they were not 100% sure also.

Thanks in advanced

=)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I got a streamliner for my 2012 for $190 on Amazon. Brackets are adjustable for forks. Installed last weekend and finally got to ride today when the sun came out. Before shield 50mph was comfortable. Now 55-60mph. I know others drive at 70+, but not safe on secondary country highways where speed limits vary from 45-55mph. So 55-60 in all I need.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!! Congrats with your streamliner.. any chance you got a pic of your finish product? =)

I rarely ride between 50 ~ 55. I don't recall I ever go beyond 55++ Plus I live in NYC, traffic everywhere, I don't even get a chance to do 50++ unless it's a Sunday morning.

The main purpose of the windshield for me is to block the bugs and dirt from my body.

·
Registered
543 Posts
NYC, ouch. I live in the country surrounded by secondary 55mph highways. About two miles off I-20 about five miles before it ends at I-95 in Florence, SC. Although five minutes from both Interstates, I can go to Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Columbia, Spartanburg/Greenville, anywhere in the state or beyond on 55mph highways. They do slow to 45mph for maybe a minute when going through small country communities. Don't have a photo, but look for my posting (gray ghost), asking about windshields, and another 2012, Classic, SE owner with identical bike took a photo of his to show me. I'm 6' and thought the 17/19" might be too short but that's how it measured with my wife's help. Perfect. The 22" would have been way too tall. It should do you fine in NYC, especially at 55mph or less. Ordered via Amazon on a Saturday, shipped from Texas on Monday and arrived in SC on Thursday.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I think I told you wrong. Mine is a Slipstreamer. You can go to their website and pick the one for your bike, then order via Amazon for the best price. Based on your driving needs, probably any will do the job, as long as it's made to fit your bike. I would have gotten a larger, heavier one if I was still touring like when I was younger. But mine works fine for trips within a one hour radius at 55-60mph.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
This bike has remained unchanged for 6 years.....minor changes in gearing (apparently)....06 will bolt to 12....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for verifying the information Silent Hill! Now I'm confidence to purchase that windshield.

Thank you so much Gray Ghost, I will check out Slipstreamer before I make the purchase!

Happy riding ! I will post pictures once I complete the installation ! Can't wait =)

·
Registered
20 Posts
NYC, ouch. I live in the country surrounded by secondary 55mph highways. About two miles off I-20 about five miles before it ends at I-95 in Florence, SC. Although five minutes from both Interstates, I can go to Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Columbia, Spartanburg/Greenville, anywhere in the state or beyond on 55mph highways. They do slow to 45mph for maybe a minute when going through small country communities. Don't have a photo, but look for my posting (gray ghost), asking about windshields, and another 2012, Classic, SE owner with identical bike took a photo of his to show me. I'm 6' and thought the 17/19" might be too short but that's how it measured with my wife's help. Perfect. The 22" would have been way too tall. It should do you fine in NYC, especially at 55mph or less. Ordered via Amazon on a Saturday, shipped from Texas on Monday and arrived in SC on Thursday.
Here it is again. Slipstreamer SS-17C-TC. 70mph + with no buffeting. It's nice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm ! that windshield looks real nice on the bike..

I'm wondering if the windshield is tinted smoke, how would it look on the bike. Since my bike is base color is gray / polar white.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those saddlebags are classy! Where did you get them, if you don't mind telling, and is the paint a match for the Polar White?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got those white saddle bags from Ebay.

You can do a quick search "Vulcan 900 Hard Saddlebag".

There's a black one and a white one.

The white does match with polar white. It's not exactly the same color but trust me, you can't tell.

But be warned: The material that's made for this saddlebag is very cheap feeling and the lock is very cheap. But it serves its purpose. I'm able to fit my gloves & jacket inside. I can fit my bike's cover inside too.

The buy out price is around $89.00~$99.00. I bid it for $16.99 and won tho.

If you don't mind the cheap material feeling, then go for it ! I get a lot of good comments for them.

But if you're looking for something expensive and set, then I wouldn't waste time on these bags.

P.S. I haven't hooked up the tail-light wire yet. I'm not too electrical savvy, so if you're buying them and figure out how to hook up the tail-light. Please post some pictures or tutorial ! =)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
11 Posts
hmm ! that windshield looks real nice on the bike..

I'm wondering if the windshield is tinted smoke, how would it look on the bike. Since my bike is base color is gray / polar white.

I just put a deposit on the same bike!! How do you like it? I'm looking for a windshield, too. The dealer/parts guy suggested a Memphis Fats.. I was thinking about getting the smoke/black myself. If I do, I'll post pics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi, the bike rides very nice. I'm only 5"4 and 120 lbs and i can lift this thing pretty smoothly. i have a bad news though. 4 days someone rear end me and my bike us total. i bought the kawa windshield and i didn't even get a chance to install it yet. if you're still looking for a windshield i can sell mine to you cheaper than the kawa price. the box is still unopened.

as of the saddle bag, you can do a simple search on Ebay. I'm sure you can find it easily.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi, the bike rides very nice. I'm only 5"4 and 120 lbs and i can lift this thing pretty smoothly. i have a bad news though. 4 days someone rear end me and my bike us total. i bought the kawa windshield and i didn't even get a chance to install it yet. if you're still looking for a windshield i can sell mine to you cheaper than the kawa price. the box is still unopened.

as of the saddle bag, you can do a simple search on Ebay. I'm sure you can find it easily.
OMG.. I'm so sorry to hear that!!! How awful. You have the Kawasaki shield? I'd rather have that, I think it has a nicer look, I'm interested.. PM me.. thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts