Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone today? I have a 2007 900vn and I was thinking of changing over to 10" mini apes. Can anyone advise me on whether or not this can be done without changing out the cables? On the same note, is this something that a person with basic mechanical skills can install on their own? I attempted to search the forum for any how to posts but came up empty handed. Thank you very much in advance for any words of wisdom supplied!!!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
This post from this thread. I searched cables and came up with a bunch.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. I guess 12" is pushing the limits as to what works....

Does anyone know if our controls are the 1" or ?? As when I have been looking up apes, the range from 1" to 1.5" I believe?

Matt

Obviously getting new cables would be optimal, but heck if we can save over 300 bucks by using the long stock cables, why not...

We need pics of these apes fellas...post em up..

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
kawasaki vn 900 uses 1".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stock bars are 1". 10" apes with inch and a half risers will require you to put on a new clutch cable, unless you want to live with it pulled super tight when you turn the bars all the way right. The rest of the cables will be fine with a little rerouting. If you decide to use harley risers you'll have to drill out the triple tree to half inch for the studs. Just got mine on and love the way they feel and look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you for all of the responses. Can anyone advise me on the difficulty level to switch out the bars. Just to be on the safe side I will just replace the clutch cable!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's easy. Word to the wise though, cover tank and front fender with towels or somethin, I did and am glad I did. It's the kinda deal you'll want a third hand for at times ha ha.
And you'll have to take a grinder, dremel tool, or file to the titty on the inside of the brake clamp or whatever you call it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts