Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,
My question is can I hook up battery leads for heated gloves and a vest on my 800?
I replaced the front and rear directionals with Kuryakin lights. That's all the electronics
that I replaced. Otherwise the bike is stock. Any info and or recommendations on which brand to get and if I'm better off with a battery set.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ed

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
you can have heated vest and glove leads connected to battery, but just be aware that when you're at a stop, with headlight and all other lights on, you'll drop down below charging, meaning if you stay at the stop long enough the bettery will drain, so keep your revs up whenever possible so stator can keep up with the heated vest and gloves amp draw, i think total stator can output is 23 amps @ 8000 rpm

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
...and if I'm better off with a battery set.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ed
Have never installed the equipment needed for heated gear on my bike...so...others who have are more beneficial to you in that department.

As for heated gear, I have been loving these Volt Tatra 7V. LI Battery Heated Gloves I bought last year. I ride in pretty cold temps at highway speeds for moderate distances.

These things...so far...have worked great.

It truly depends on your personal threshold for cold temps while on a bike, though.

At 30*, my hands are what I would call....room temperature. Not overly warm...but not cold either. And that is on setting 3..out of 4.

Looking into the same brand's heated vest...may pull the trigger on one.

HTH, my friend :good:

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Thanks for the quick and extremely informative reply.
You're welcome, my friend...

Like many others here...glad to help. :good:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts