Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the kuryakyn electrical power point, which attaches to the handlebars. I plan to run it straight from the battery. What is the best way to route the wire under the fuel tank? I assume by simply tying it to another wire that runs to the bars. Do I need to remove the fuel tank to get at it?

Appreciate any help,
Dan

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
The tank comes off in minutes. Get a service manual for the easy procedure to follow. Then pull it along with the other wires routed along the frame. I believe it comes with a 2 prong connector like the battery tenders have. Or I did that myself, cannot remember. So in my case I also use that for my tender when needed.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I see the service manual is not posted. They say acquire one from a dealer. Guess I'll look into that.

Dan

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Thanks. I see the service manual is not posted. They say acquire one from a dealer. Guess I'll look into that.

Dan
Ebay is your best bet for value on a service manual. Me personally like a digital copy and a paper copy. Digital downloads can be hard for $7-$12 and you can usually get a free download while you wait for the cd to come in the mail. That will get you the info you need inside 24hrs usually. Just a suggestion, no reason to pay dealer prices. But that's up to you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you look hard enough then digital copies for free are out there. Took me about half an hour to find one! The manual shows all the correct routing for all the looms and hoses near the back of the 'book' just after the wiring section. Remember there is an auxiliary live and earth in the headlamp bucket which has it's own fuse in the fuse box.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you look hard enough then digital copies for free are out there. Took me about half an hour to find one! The manual shows all the correct routing for all the looms and hoses near the back of the 'book' just after the wiring section. Remember there is an auxiliary live and earth in the headlamp bucket which has it's own fuse in the fuse box.
actually its easier now :) 3 seconds on google for "vulcan 900 service manual", first link

I agree that a hard copy is worth the money, but I always get the pages dirty :p and my laptop cleans off easier

lol.

Ride on!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys. I was able to run it under the gas tank and tie it to the main set of wires going forward by simply loosening and lifting the back of the tank, without disconnecting the lines and such. I could have gotten a couple more wire ties on by removing the tank, but the wire isn't going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. I was able to run it under the gas tank and tie it to the main set of wires going forward by simply loosening and lifting the back of the tank, without disconnecting the lines and such. I could have gotten a couple more wire ties on by removing the tank, but the wire isn't going anywhere.
that's what I did for my 2 power ports. its a easy install ... I just had to get longer screws for the battery ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts